The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - does anyone have a trick to get the 900E light to fit on a UNS 90L? I was thinking of gluing an acrylic bar to give it a wider perch/ledge so the light doesn't fall into the water but I was looking for a more OEM like solution. I saw on another post someone using what looked like the feet from a 900SA but how do you purchase those separately? Just curious if others have gotten the 900E to fit. I just love the acrylic legs on that light since it makes the light look like its floating.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It might be easier to convert it to a pendant mount. Then it will really be floating!

I had a 600S fixed mount light that did not fit my tank well and asked Aqua Forest Aquarium if I could buy the parts to convert it to the adjustable SA type. They said that spare parts were not available for sale. In my case it turned out to be a manufacturing defect and they shipped out a replacement light that worked well. Your case is of course different as your tank is longer than the light.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might be easier to convert it to a pendant mount. Then it will really be floating!

I had a 600S fixed mount light that did not fit my tank well and asked Aqua Forest Aquarium if I could buy the parts to convert it to the adjustable SA type. They said that spare parts were not available for sale. In my case it turned out to be a manufacturing defect and they shipped out a replacement light that worked well. Your case is of course different as your tank is longer than the light.
Here's a pic of what I saw in another post that I'd like to replicate for my 90L. I think this is the most elegant look without having to go to a pendant setup (which I think looks nice except for having the arms in the back). I borrowed this from @desantes but it seems he hasn't been online for a while and I want to order the 900ES Ver 3 sooner than later to startup my tank

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like a good solution.

Regarding the pendant idea I was thinking more of this where the light is suspended from the ceiling.
Ah ok, yeah, a setup like that would be really clean. Thanks for linking the video. I still want to see if I can get a hold of whatever feet were used in the prior post so I can use the 900ES.

I'm starting to think those feet may just be 3D printed pieces...hmmm

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick update in case anyone else has this same question and needs this info. I was able to 3D print some adapters to make the Twinstar 900E perfectly on my 90L. This is the best solution I could find as I also bought some tank lid cover supports (acrylic) but despite being clear, looked a bit out of place and not very clean/elegant (also wasn't a perfect fit - too large). These printed feet fit perfectly with about 1-1.5mm of play total at the ends.

Now I can start my scape without the fear of the light falling in :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.