The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 1.5-2 months ago, I had a RCS that had two eggs on her. I don't know if she had more at first and dropped them, but she held the two for a while, and then about 2-3 weeks ago, they were gone. I figured she just dropped them and was gonna start over, but yesterday I was trimming some plants and lo and behold, there were two baby shrimp in the bowl. Anyone ever had that low of a yield on a pregnancy? Now she is pregnant again, along with her three female bowl mates, so I'm soon to have many, many shrimp...

·
Banned
943 Posts
I noticed one of my prego fire reds did the same thing so far. Started out with a bunch of eggs. She dropp all but 2-3 it looks like but is still carrying those. Waiting to see if they hatch.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is common for a first time shrimp mom to drop eggs and only hatch a few. My RCS I was convinced would have huge amounts of babies right away, saw a ton of eggs. My first two batches were 3 babies each. Each batch after that has been much larger. Larger more experienced females successfully carry and hatch much larger amounts of eggs/shrimplets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.