The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen this tv show called Pets.TV? I have Verizon FIOS as my cable provider now, and I've discovered there's a channel called Pets.TV. But there's never anything in the program guide that explains what is currently on that channel. All day long every day, the guide just reports "Pet news; pet care and health; conventional and unusual pets and the people who own them."

So I've been passing that channel right by, because I figure, if they can't even upload the guide info to let me know what's on, it must not be that great of a channel. Well, I just stopped by there while channel surfing during a commercial break, and they were doing some type of a story on a fish store in California called the Aquatic Outlet, and it was awesome!! So now I'm going to stop on this channel more often.

But I still can't find out much about it. When I do google searches, it tells me that Pets.TV is a show, not a channel. But on FIOS, at least here, it's a whole entire channel that apparently plays this show all day long. At any rate, I'm intrigued and I'll try watching it more often.

Does anyone else watch it? Heard of it? Did I just see the only episode about fish or fish stores?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Even after going to that website I still think they are being elusive. It's almost like they're trying to be secretive, or they are so new of a network that they don't have their website or TV channels too organized yet. I don't know. Very weird.

Also, as an audio engineer, I can't help but notice their [lack of] post-production skills. The audio is horribly compressed, the volume varies way too dynamically, and the mixing switches back and forth from 2.0 to 5.1 randomly in the middle of a show. So they must have a low-budget, or don't care about production quality. (Hey Pets.TV, it's called a limiter, try using one!)

I'm a geek, I know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe there was a story about this on NPR not too long ago... It aired as part of a sequence of the show called, "This American Life." You can go to NPR.org and then select that show, and then browse episodes from about 3-4 weeks ago, the segment was called "Pet TV" NVM, I found it for you... listen to this: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1326

After reading further, it looks like it was called, "The puppy channel." But i think the sentiment is the same, just listen to that story, it's good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.