The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a turtle on my lawn...I am taking care of it right now and posted a Craiglist lost & found ad. I wanna know what type it is? I know this don't belong on this forum but i have no time to create a turtle forum account....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious, if you find a turtle in your yard, what made you post a lost and found for him. Could he not live in your yard?
I found him in my front lawn and I live in California where the neighborhoods are in the city. There is a canal like 3 blocks away, but I doubt he can climb out cause it is very high, and the water just dropped in the canal during this month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there any ponds nearby that you know of?
No, I live only where there are streets and lawns......the nearest waterway is a canal about 3 blocks away. but the canal has high slanted cement borders and the water is very low right now, so I doubt he can crawl out

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you want to find your turtle a safe home, I would try contacting your local animal control dept. They should be familiar with any reptile/wildlife refuge facilities. I would think that California would have many places that do rescues. I don't know if I would count on the actual owner of the turtle would claim it simply because it is likely that they intentionally released the turtle... turtles are not notorious for escaping from aquariums.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts