The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone local (Northwest suburbs and surrounding) has seen Turface pro around. Nothing at local HDs, haven't falled farm and fleet yet as that'd be a drive to Rockford. Contemplating going that route v MTS and was hoping to locate prior to cool down, when I suppose it'll be harder to locate.
thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I'll be mixing some osmocoat in with the turface and then topping with some sand. Have't picked color yet. Probably a white or natural looking brown.

According to my calculations I'll only need 13 bags of it to give me a depth of 4 inches, which should be more than enough, so I'm off to CFS Wauconda sometime in the next few weeks to grab them. :)

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Tractor Supply in Carpentersville Has Little Fury & Back Diamond blasting media (sand/fine gravel size). It's black in color and low silca (which can promote some Algae).

I'm using const sand that I grate myself with doubled 1/4" & Fly screen. Works good, I like it. But, I want an different look in the next tank.

They may have this were you are going, if not C-ville is not really that far from Waconda if your are already out here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.