The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tomorrow i'm going to a nursery that caries this stuff and was wondering if its worth trying, this will of course be for a large cichlid tank so i'm not too worried about it being an awesome plant substrate but there will be plants, anyone got pics of some of it in use and can someone tell me what i would expect to pay? i'm going to be filling 36x24 about 3 inches deep for the most part and i'll probably need 120 pounds for that, any information is appreciated

also i'm mixing it, 2 parts natural and 1 part dark red

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
less is more with this stuff a single $10 50lb bag did a full susbstrate in my 150g with a 72x18 footprint around 2.5" deep. A single bag should be plenty for your needs.

Don't get the red as the dye washes off when you rinse it just get the natural colored version.

Craig

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thanks alot =] glad to get some info from an experienced user, any idea how much i should rinse? i'm guessing 50 pounds is a huge bag? considering it is clay i would expect alot more substrate for the weight, can't wait to use this stuff just hope i can get the tank, need to get cash =\

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.