The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Provided I can find it locally, I am going to use the Turface Pro League in Gray.. Is there a general rule for the Turface products as far as coverage of the tank floor? They are very lightweight so one 50 pound bag should go a lot farther than a 50 pound bag of gravel, for instance. Do I need the 2kg per 31"sq suggested for eco complete or what?

Thanks. Sorry, I know this must be asked a bazillion times..

·
Registered
11 Posts
One 50 pound bag was plenty to do 3 to 4 inches of depth in a 55 gallon and 10 gallon aquarium. I also held a baggie full to add to a 29 gallon aquarium done with the tan (simulate coal veins, saw it in a book) but I like the tan as is so I'll probably add the rest to the other tanks.

I used just under a half a bag for the 29 gallon for 3 - 5 inches of depth so probably a 50 pound bag for 60 gallon aquarium ?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Have you tried your local John Deere stores? They are owned by Lesco who owns the Turface brand. You could also try asking the store managers at Lesco or John Deere to let you order it instore to save on the shipping charges I've found a few of them that will do that for those strange fish people.

- Brad

·
Registered
474 Posts
I thing they have stopped selling S select, & something comparable is being sold but under a different name & I'm thinkin the new product does'nt come in black.
Most of the local Lesco's did'nt want to bother selling one or two bags. I had a buddy who worked there & he would get it for me, just got 5 bags of the old black turface & they had to pull those in from other Lesco's/ John deere's as they don't carry it anymore.
Did'nt kinda pay it much mind as I prob will not be looking for anymore, but I will talk to him soon & get the scoop & post what he tells me....Again don't know if this is just stores in Fl ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
"Thank you for your inquiry into our Turface products! We will be happy to send the requested product samples for your review. The Pro League Gray has been discontinued in manufacturing, but we still have some samples, and area distributors may well have product in stock you can buy."

This was from Profile products about a couple months ago.

Back in August my local John Deere found a charcoal bag of SMS so who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.