The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi PT,

I wanted to setup a co2 system on my tank and after much searching and searching, I picked up this co2 tank last night on CL... someone please tell me this is a co2 tank and not a NOS tank.. :icon_eek:

thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
You should see an instant increase in horse power with that tank. Just don't push it too hard to you might burn a few valves. :icon_eek:

Wait, am I on the Scion XB tuner forum?

:hihi:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks to be a #20 CO2 tank to me. Rip that old sticker off and take it to a welding shop to have it filled. They will make sure everything is good and put a new tag on the top. Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Question, is there a scent to co2? The tank is empty, but when i opened the valve WOT, it had this pungent smell to it...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks guys. Question, is there a scent to co2? The tank is empty, but when i opened the valve WOT, it had this pungent smell to it...
Auto grade nitrous oxide has sulfur dioxide which tastes and smells bad, presumably to prevent people from inhaling the automotive grade. I haven't vented much co2 gas, but have not noticed anything like that when I did. Its meant to be a noticeable additive (like the additive to natural gas, but not the same), but I'm not sure why it would be added to co2. Probably still lingering from when it was filled with the nitrous gas which does say it had so2 in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts