The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am currently struggling to find an adapter for my inline co2 diffuser, I ordered a complete co2 kit from co2art.com and am now faced with yet another hurdle. Does anyone have any suggestions, or ideas on an adapter that will move me from 11/16th in to 17mm and back so i can reattach the tubing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
114 Posts
Do you mean you bought their 12/16mm in-line diffuser and you want to convert it to work with your canister filter that uses a 16/22mm hose? The cheapest option would be to get two 1/2in to 3/4in hose reducers (one to go down in size and one to go back up after the diffuser. This is the inch size that compatible with those two mm size hoses ). Something like this: Reducer Coupler, Barbed (Insert x Insert) They are cheap, but you’d probably also want to use hose clamps on each connection point. If it were me, and I didn’t have a time constraint for setting up the co2, I would honestly exchange it for the right size. They do sell 16/22 as well.

And if you do mean 11/16”, then that’s about 17.5mm when you convert it so you may be ok size-wise, I would just double check. I believe they advertise only two sizes, 12/16mm (13mm connection) and 16/22mm (17mm connection).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And if you do mean 11/16”, then that’s about 17.5mm when you convert it so you may be ok size-wise, I would just double check. I believe they advertise only two sizes, 12/16mm (13mm connection) and 16/22mm (17mm connection).
I bought the 16/22 inline diffuser. The hosing i have is thicker and does not fit unfortunately. I am contemplating swapping out for the in tank diffuser

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
114 Posts
What hose thickness or filter model are you using with it? Just curious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts