The Planted Tank Forum banner

Tubifex worms

622 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bigblueallday 
#1 ·
I know many suggest not feeding tubifex worms but thats all my gbr's will eat at the moment. My question is what's the best way to keep these worms alive for more than a day?

#3 ·
Perhaps you can e-mail these people and get "care & feeding" instructions on it from
them. In this link they say directions supplied/w cultures. I have bought from them
and was OK with what I got for my money and the Tubiflex worms are next on my list to get from them. It should be at least less likely to have pest or diseases with it that you don't want than "some guy on e-bay" might have in his.
Likely there are those, as you said, who will scoff at me for this but I intend to release them in my tank at night when some should be able to hide well enough to start a colony of them in the tank. That is what I did with my first order...scuds...and now
they are established. The species of them which I got get not larger than 5/16 inch so
they don't bother the shrimp. Larger breeds will bother the shrimp.

http://www.lfscultures.com/p17.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.