The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some crypt wendtii the other day at Petsmart in the pre packaged tubes . I like them.! They all seem to be in healthy condition, and I liked being able to pick up each plant and examine them easily.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've bought a couple of their tubed anubias and all of them are doing great. Just make sure you know what plants you're actually looking for and double-check that's what you're getting in the tube. Also condition and size of plant can vary quite a bit tube by tube so give a thorough visual inspection!

·
Registered
562 Posts
They will say "aquatic" or "semi-aquatic" on them - you can use the semi-aquatic in emersed or riparium setups, just not submerged in a tank. At my store, it'll say it on a big green circle on top.

I'm not near any good LFS, so I find these to be a decent option. I picked up a package of cryptocoryne once, and actually ended up with more plantlets than I knew what to do with. You just have to be careful and pick out a healthy one, and of course do your research beforehand to make sure you can support the plant once you get it home.

·
Registered
166 Posts
One of the Petsmart stores near me also has bagged plants which are very high quality. I've seen dwarf hairgrass, alternanthera rosaefolia, crypt parva, and some rare stuff as well in little bags hanging on the rack above the tube plants.

·
Registered
352 Posts
All the anubias nana I have currently came from the tubes at petsmart. I got them about 2 years ago and now I have several very large plants (about 8" rhyzomes). I like the plants that come in the tubes, but I still miss the days before they started carrying them and had the stem plants and little potted plants in the large open-topped tierd desplay tank. They would get some cool stuff once in a while, like hairgrass, rotala, hygrophila, and others.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.