The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been a lot of threads lately about tubed plants from Petsmart and Petco so I thought I'd post a pic of this Anubias I got from Petco yesterday.

I've had luck with all the plants I've got in the tubes. It's a nice alternative in the winter when you risk having plants freeze during shipping if you.order them online.

I have all the tubed plants i bought yesterday in this little ten gallon grow out tank in pots with organic dirt and gravel.

·
Registered
606 Posts
That anubias looks good. Have you experienced any melting with the leaves since they were out of the water? My petco sadly never carries them, but both my petco and petsmart have been carrying more crypts and anubias in little pots inside of the tanks. It's nice to see!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've got a petsmart tubed anubias and it's the nicest one I got. No melting at all it just took a long time to adjust to being submerged. Now it sends out new leaves faster than any other that I have. The one I got from live aquaria looks like butt. Just give it time to adjust.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I got 2 anubias tubes one from Petco and Petsmart.

The one from Petco was a congensis with a yellow whitish rhizome and all the leaves melted but 2 months later it's more green and sprouting a new leaf.

The one from Petsmart was green and never had any leaves melted and looks like your picture.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't experienced any melting yet. Two weeks ago I bought green crypt wendtii in a tube from Petsmart and none if it has melted. I'm pretty impressed with them all!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ive actually bought a majority of my plants from petsmart. Ive had success with al of them really except dhg but that really has nothing to do with the quality of what they were selling.

As for my anubias, I have bought anubias nana, congensis, and afzelli all in the tubes and they are all doing great. I attached my congensis to a higher branch on my driftwood and the roots have actually grown long enough to root themselves in the substrate. Very pretty to look at. All three plants are very healthy and producing new leaves.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update some of the Anubias leaves have turned yellow and are melting. I trimmed them off, I attribute it just from going from emersed to submersed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.