The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to breed some low grade crs.I have setup a 10 gallon tank to do this.The tank has a hob power filter,diy co2,driftwood,java moss,pygmy chain sword,cryptocoryne wendtti,RO water and fluval shrimp stratum.Can someone help me with anything else i would need to keep and breed low grade crs like specific parameters etc?Im not very experienced at keeping shrimps but i am willing to learn alot.thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
sounds like your off to a good start, the only thing I see that may be a problem is the DIY co2, your ph may not be very stable. IDK just a thought.
Also make sure you have a pre-fiter on your intake tube of your HOB,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what if the temp of my tank rises to 78?Will the CRS die?Right now the temp of my tank looks like its 76F or 77F and the tank doesnt have a heater.

·
Registered
584 Posts
what if the temp of my tank rises to 78?Will the CRS die?Right now the temp of my tank looks like its 76F or 77F and the tank doesnt have a heater.
Short term higher temps are OK, but long term it will stress them out and they will eventually die. At the very least your breeding and baby survival will take a hit. Try putting a small fan on top of your aquarium and set it up on a timer so it maintains a stable lower temp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
getochkn,no its just plain ro water.i added a couple RCS to the tank and they are doing good.heres a pic of one munching on hikari shrimp food.i would like to add some CRS too.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts