The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm finding it really hard to find an All-in-One fertilizer (macro and micro) for my pico tank. Ideally it would just be a drop or two at a water change each week. The tank is low light with just a few crypts and anubias (both haven't really grown in the last 6 months). I understand that macros and micro nutrients don't play well together, however there seems to be a few available and I like the idea of a high K and relying on the bioload for most of the N&P.

I have found the following options:

1 - Dennerle Nano Daily (really hard to get in Aus but looks to be the best option)
2 - ADA Green Brightly Shade
3 - Do!Aqua Be Green
4 - PPS-PRO (dry separate micros and macros) maybe I could mix these into separate little dropper bottles.
5 - API Leaf Zone and mix it with some dry micros in a dropper bottle

Apart from the Dennerle option, it looks like I'll be buying enough ferts for a Pico tank for 100+ years unfortunately. Does anyone know any other options that come in a small size?

I have tried to search for the above before I asked, however didn't really get any results that helped.

Thanks,
Nick.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My other thought is to add dry potassium to flourish comp or trace. At least I can then only buy a 50ml bottle rather than a giant supply (exc the potassium).

Maybe I'm over thinking this and I should just buy something that is readily available in Aus like LCA All in One Shrimp Safe (500ml) and just put a small portion in a dropper bottle.

Does anyone know how long liquid ferts will last? Do they break down over time?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts