The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I finally got started on my rescape. Pulled the plants out, took the fish out, took the gravel out and put the sand in and some new big rocks and a piece of wood i've been working on and now i'm lost. It takes all those rocks in the picture just to hold it down.

Here's what i've got so far:

Thinking of cutting that piece that has the little anubias on it off to that main piece and then laying it so the skinner branche is up on top. What do you think?

There are 2 pieces of mopani wood in there as well. And these are the plants I have to work with.

A ton of Java moss

And a small container of java ferns and anubias

I'm used to having decor in the tank and just stick everything to that stuff and going more natural is totally new to me.

No idea where to put any of it really. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
So today pulled the plants out, took the fish out, took the gravel out and put the sand in and some new big rocks and a piece of wood. It takes all those rocks in the picture just to hold it down.
Glad to see you got rid of the blue rock. It screamed at me!:hihi:

You could get a piece of slate at a landscapers for a few dollars and screw it to the wood.

Would doing a carpet be fairly low maintenance? And how do you do that?
Many use the plastic screen for cross stitch. They wrap string around it or use a hair net. To mow it you can take it out and cut it.

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Many use the plastic screen for cross stitch. They wrap string around it or use a hair net. To mow it you can take it out and cut it.
This is a great idea. How do you weigh it down? I'm thinking I might try this out.

CKJ, have you thought about a moss wall? Those are pretty nice as well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the tank is much clearer today. I did clean the glass off and my sone threw spongebob and gary in there. Got tired of saying no. Was trying to make the tank more natural but there may be a bit of bikini bottom in this tank too. lol

While I like the idea of the carpet and or moss wall i'm hoping to stay away from having to trim cause I really have a hard time reaching the bottom of the tank. And with a moss wall I just don't have the stuff to do one aside from the moss and knowing my luck one of the fish would get stuck behind it or use it as a ladder to escape.

But I need to pull the wood out an cut that piece off so it'll fit the way I want I guess.

Hoping to get some more suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts