The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im trying to iguwami, looking for some inputs on the layout, so far i came up with below 2 (light is not balanced on the pictures, will try to do a better next time)
I will keep posting some later today

tank: 4g evolve
light: stock (says good for low light plants)
subs:eco complete
plants: s.repens carpet, hg & some vals on the side.

layout1
Food Wood Kitchen appliance Rectangle Ingredient

layout 2
Food Wood Cuisine Recipe Cooking

·
Registered
733 Posts
i'd keep exploring more layouts.

your first one has a good focal point, but i feel like it is missing more rocks to support the layout.

the second one doesnt have any focal point and feels a bit chaotic to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally agree, here are few more tries
layout 3
Cuisine Wood Dish Gas Cooking

layout 4
Cuisine Wood Cooking Reptile Dish

layout 5
Food Kitchen appliance Ingredient Cookware and bakeware Cuisine

layout 6
Food Kitchen appliance Ingredient Home appliance Recipe

out of all i think layout 3 looks ok. any suggestions / comments.
bte beedee, your 12G long looks awesome, I was looking at it before. where did you get the stones?

·
Registered
733 Posts
i think layout 4 is getting closer to being a go-to hardscape, nice job!

thanks for the complements on my tank, i picked my stones from my LFS and a fellow SCAPE club member.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Yup 4 is on point, Id just lower the first Into the substrate a little. It is a bit too tall, or use a slightly smaller rock.

They're getting better tho! Don't stop yet.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thx beedee, i found it difficult to get the stones, I got this one from TPT member, but took so long and no communication from seller.
i meant layout 4 as well and there is little something miss not sure what it is, I will try marks suggestion, when you say first stone , the one in the front next to the glass or the center stone which is "Oyaishi" the first stone in iwagumi layout? (tryng to show off some reading i did on iwagumi layout you know :) ). i will post some pics after i tinker with layout 4.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
How about this? Just a thought. The arrows mean direction. And a curve means turn or curve it in the direction of the curve :)

View attachment 59256

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
back after holidays, hope everyone had a great time and waiting for the new years. I made some changes and filled the tank just to see how it looks. mark I tired to follow some of your arrows, not sure whether i got it right.
here is one
Frog Reptile True toad Toad Gas

here i pushed the front stone in
Gas Rectangle Space Reptile Aquarium

feedback's are welcome

in the spirit of the holidays (a little late) here is empire state building in green & red
Building Skyscraper World Tower block Sky

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
WOW that is awesome. I like it a lot.

The first may be a little better than the last.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool, thx. as far as the plant goes i was initially thinking s.repens and HG/vals for backgroud. now thinking just do DHG. I was reading somewhere else that they were able to grow it with the stock led that came with it.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
cool, thx. as far as the plant goes i was initially thinking s.repens and HG/vals for backgroud. now thinking just do DHG. I was reading somewhere else that they were able to grow it with the stock led that came with it.
I'm better at scapes than plants. I do think you could do both. They're often attempted without co2, but they succeed better with co2 and high light.

You'll want to try root tabs. Maybe osmocote capsules.

Worth a shot, but I like mosses and crypts in lower light tanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.