The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! i'm a total newbie aquarist who has recently gathered together about $450 to set up a low maintenance & DIY co2 planted 40 gallon. Using an inherited used tank that has been "out-of-commission" for a year or so, i am just about to make all the purchases necessary. although i've learned that the used tank i have received is a 36x15x16 TruVu acrylic tank. and after seeing that similar models go for hundreds of dollars, i'd like to sell it and use the money to be able to buy better/more items for my new aquarium project. what is the best way to go about selling a used (and recently polished) TruVu tank? btw i also live 30 minutes away from a family-owned fish store called Neptune Aquatics in San Jose CA. are tank trade-ins common with independent fish stores? thank you!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello and welcome to your new addiction :) the only way to know if your LFS (local fish store) will accept the tank is to ask them. Otherwise a good place to sell locally is Craigslist or check out the local pet store section and see if your state is active enough to sell there. Or, if you don't mind shipping, you can go to the classifieds section here and attempt to sell it for what you think it's worth.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hi! i'm a total newbie aquarist who has recently gathered together about $450 to set up a low maintenance & DIY co2 planted 40 gallon. Using an inherited used tank that has been "out-of-commission" for a year or so, i am just about to make all the purchases necessary. although i've learned that the used tank i have received is a 36x15x16 TruVu acrylic tank. and after seeing that similar models go for hundreds of dollars, i'd like to sell it and use the money to be able to buy better/more items for my new aquarium project. what is the best way to go about selling a used (and recently polished) TruVu tank? btw i also live 30 minutes away from a family-owned fish store called Neptune Aquatics in San Jose CA. are tank trade-ins common with independent fish stores? thank you!
Post it in the for sale section here and see if you get any hits first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts