The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: BOUGHT THE FINNEX PLANTED+ 24/7, thank you!

So TrueLumen's website recommends 2 of their 8k lights for a 10 gallon planted tank, but just can't seem to find any 12" 8k's on Amazon. (I have Prime and am impatient ;) )
Would there be a problem with me using the 12k's instead?
This is my tank btw

Thanks!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Planted Tanker
6,078 Posts
Any of those will work, the Marineland may be too much light for your set-up because it isnt dimmable (I dont think, could be wrong) Plus the color rendition isnt going to be the best.

Ecozotic are supposed to be nice.

Instead of the Fugeray I'd go with the newer 24/7 version - Amazon.com : Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED, Controller, 30 Inch : Pet Supplies

A Finnex Stingray would be a cheaper option w/o all the bells and whistles. Good light that shouldn't be too bright.

Would prefer the 24/7 because it's dimmable. Those 2 anubias are not going to need much light....at all :)

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
So TrueLumen's website recommends 2 of their 8k lights for a 10 gallon planted tank, but just can't seem to find any 12" 8k's on Amazon. (I have Prime and am impatient ;) )
Would there be a problem with me using the 12k's instead?
This is my tank btw

Thanks!

What are the tank dimensions? Looks like a cube from the photo..
consider one or 2 of these:

The ecoxotic is a good choice if not a cube..
Be aware it is "discontinued" from the manuf..
Amazon.com : Beamworks EA Series 0.50W 6500K LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant (18" - EA50 6500K) : Pet Supplies

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any of those will work, the Marineland may be too much light for your set-up because it isnt dimmable (I dont think, could be wrong) Plus the color rendition isnt going to be the best.

Ecozotic are supposed to be nice.

Instead of the Fugeray I'd go with the newer 24/7 version - Amazon.com : Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Fully Automated Aquarium LED, Controller, 30 Inch : Pet Supplies

A Finnex Stingray would be a cheaper option w/o all the bells and whistles. Good light that shouldn't be too bright.

Would prefer the 24/7 because it's dimmable. Those 2 anubias are not going to need much light....at all :)
I've got one Anubias, one Melon Sword and I'm going to be planting Dwarf Hairgrass.
I also have a mystery plant, which is this one:

I cut those growths off of it because I'm going to plant them separately.

Are all of those low light plants?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Planted Tanker
6,078 Posts
Mystery plant is some kind of sword. Those and the dhg are going to need a bit more light than anubias.

Eco or 24/7 would be the best choices, dimmable and you can adjust the color.

Stingray or beamswork if the budget is tight. Stingray will have better color because it has some red and blues in it. Talking mainly about looks, either will grow plants just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.