The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing loads of research on regulator builds here and in other forums and since I went with a single stage regulator I decided to build one similar to GLA's Ultimate regulator. Ok so reading around most say single stage regs have a chance for end of tank dump. GLA claims due to using a fabco NV-55 it eliminates the chance of dump. Is that a load of crud or would using that needle valve really help my build not have any dumps.

Fabco NV-55 needle valve
  • Super Precise needle valve
  • No end-of-tank dumps
  • 12 turns from shut off to full open
  • 40 threads per inch for precision metering

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
That claim is BS, imho.

v3

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so no matter what I'll be on the look out for when my tank gets low..At what level do you think it should be refilled to prevent eotd?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told the regulator I got was a pretty good one, some rebrand of a small victor (forgot which model Bettatail told me it was).The seller claims it to be unused in original bag so hoping that helps a bit but you know how it is when you first get something and want to be very careful.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
ok so no matter what I'll be on the look out for when my tank gets low..At what level do you think it should be refilled to prevent eotd?
500 psi

v3

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
FWIW, I have a GLA regulator that uses the ideal valve and I have never gotten the end of tank dump. Had for nearly 3yrs. I have let the 20lb tank run all the way down a few times and nothing out of the ordinary. But then again, I have a cheapo Mil brand and it has never done it either. I have only let it run completely down twice though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts