The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this forum so please go easy and accept my apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I recently bought the tropica system 60, installation and daily filling up is fine, but the instructions say to vent the chamber once a week - my initial thought was it means to vent it outside the tank (ie open air), but now I’m second guessing myself and wondering if it means into the water.
Sorry if this is obvious, and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just pull the silicone stopper and let it fill with water to vent. No idea why they want this but there ya go. Video at the link.

Thanks. But I mean following a week of filling. They say you pull the stopper every week for maintenance, basically venting the chamber - but I don’t know whether they mean into the aquarium water or into the air. I was guessing that as it’s the bi product of that it should be into the air.... but I’m guessing.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Thanks. But I mean following a week of filling. They say you pull the stopper every week for maintenance, basically venting the chamber - but I don’t know whether they mean into the aquarium water or into the air. I was guessing that as it’s the bi product of that it should be into the air.... but I’m guessing.
They mean into the aquarium and letting the chamber fill with water again. Again I have no idea why they would want to do this but the video seemed pretty clear to me. If you pull that stopper the only thing thats happening is the chamber filling with water. If you pulled it out there is nothing to vent at that point because it will all be out in the air anyway thus, they mean in the aquarium. The only reason I can think to do this is if all the co2 isn't used up by the next filling. Maybe for a small enough tank it wouldn't be, but I would expect this being a bell reactor and all that it would be /shrug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They mean into the aquarium and letting the chamber fill with water again. Again I have no idea why they would want to do this but the video seemed pretty clear to me. If you pull that stopper the only thing thats happening is the chamber filling with water. If you pulled it out there is nothing to vent at that point because it will all be out in the air anyway thus, they mean in the aquarium. The only reason I can think to do this is if all the co2 isn't used up by the next filling. Maybe for a small enough tank it wouldn't be, but I would expect this being a bell reactor and all that it would be /shrug.
Oh okay, thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.