The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
It would realy helpfull if some one could help by telling what exactly makes tropica specialized fertlizer look green in colour, If its colour dye what type of dye is used in the fertlizer that docent effect livestock or plants
I already searched for this question in forums dint find any if i have duplicated the question please provide the link and remove the post.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
571 Posts
I can't tell you for sure about Tropica, but lots of regular fertilizer brands use dyes as a way to distinguish between products, both as a brand recognition thing and so people can know they have the correct product in the sprayer (if you are expecting blue liquid and it comes out pink you know you have a problem right away).

·
Registered
571 Posts
No idea. I did a cursory google search and the first stuff I looked at were proprietary dyes that didn't give a lot of information about what they actually are made of. Are you concerned?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Most fertilizer dyes are vegetable based and have no effect on anything (I have suspicions on the staining capabilities but no proof). I don't have any personal experience with tropica but I'm assuming they're using their own proprietary vegetable based dye and it's reactions would be similar to ones I've come acrossed in off brand ag additives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.