The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I'm new around here so just thought I'd introduce myself and ask some, probably dumb, questions!

So, I've always kept fish as a kid, with the aid of my Mother. For as long as I can remember we'd have huge tanks filled with tropical fish, and smaller tanks for breeding livebearers in.

I recently moved out of the family home and decided to make my new shared house feel more homely that I'd buy a small aquarium. I opted for the Fluval Edge 23L based on it's snazzy looks and apparent ease of maintenance. (Who doesn't love a fortnightly 20% water change?!).

Anyway, one thing we never really had, but I always loved the idea of, was live plants - Hence my appearance here! I've planted various aquatic plants in a sand substrate. In hindsight this probably wasn't the best choice, but hell, I'm not about to go and change it now it's all setup!

My question is this: I recently purchased a Tropica Plant Growth CO2 system thingy-bob. It has a small chamber that sticks to the inner tank wall that you fill with CO2 from the caniser. I figured I'd try out a cheap starter kit before I went all out with bottles, bubble counter contraptions and other thingyjigs. I filled the chamber, as per the instructions, with the correction volume of CO2 and then left it. This morning there is almost 20ml of the 80ml dose left in the chamber. Is this normal? It said on the box that this should last 30 days? Is it something I have to top-up every day?

Here is a (bad) photo of my newly planted tank. (I did cycle it for 2 weeks with biological enhancer prior to planting and adding stock, but fyi)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been bugging me so I did some more research... And it appears that the canister should last 2 months, but I need to refill the chamber every day... Which is abolsutely fine because I feed them every morning when I turn the light on!

Thanks for your input... And thanks, I bought a whole bunch of them but only those ones would fit!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts