The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to keep pygmy cories, but they slowly die off over a few weeks after I get them, and I end up with just one or two out of eight. I've read that it's from various parasites and things, and I'd like to stop that from happening. I'm going to set up a little QT tank just for this, so what should I treat it with?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Where are you getting them from?

I'd try very hard to get them from a reputable importer who has already quarantined and treated them BEFORE you get them... then you shouldn't need to do anything more than quarantine them again yourself to make sure they acclimate well.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what kind of parasite... Something that isn't visible.
Worming them is what I want to do, in general, so I'm looking for a good medication to do that. I know cories can be sensitive to various things.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Prazipro is a good de wormer for fish. I had the same issue with pygmy corys and they do not ship well. Out of 2 orders of 6 and 8 pygmy cories, only 2 of them survived shipping. Those are still alive after 5 months. I treated them with Prazipro. The first of the orders I believe was packed too close to the heat pack and they fried. But the second order also had some hastatus corys (not in the same bag) and all the hastatus corys survived fine while 6 of the 8 pygmys were DOA and they were packed well. I would only buy pygmy corys locally from now on.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I got my hastatus on AB. They are hard to find.
Habrosus corys are very hardy and easy to breed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts