The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought API Erythromycin (10 packets, 200mg each).

What is the best way to dose it? It's safe to Nerites, Amano, Ghost and Draft Orange Cryfish?

If I understand well, I need to dose 200mg for 10g? My tank is 29g, real valume must be 25G + 2G in canister filter. So, I need something like 500mg.
But how long? 4 days (every 24H)?

Do I need a good WC after 4 days?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I believe you just follow the same directions on the packet (some people say do it at half dose but I dont). Dont know it off the top of my head but I believe it was 200mg per 10g, 25% wc the next day and dose again, and then waterchanges the next few days.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I prolly have the exact same packets as you do. I have cyno in my 45 gal. I do my water changes on Sundays so Sat evening I turned off my filter but kept my powerhead on and dosed 3 packets. Next morning I did a water change and started my filter again. After a few days, cyno was gone. The problem is, after a while, cyno comes back again. So you have to get down to the root cause and fix it rather than this temp fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.