The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Rotalas are relatively harder to get to convert to emersed growth. A high humidity is very important. In my higher humidity emersed tank, I have a bit of emersed Rotala rotundifolia and another Rotala species, but in my relatively lower humidity one (which is still quite humid), they just dry up. However, if you can maintain the high humidity then they should be fine.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm kind of hoping eventually they will be able to handle medium/high humidtity levels as I plan to put them in my paludarium if they work out. I've seen pictures of flowering rotundifolia growing along river banks in the south and they were really quite striking. The only rotala I have on hand is macrandra, which I have heard is more difficult to transition.

I plan to keep it humid in the paludarium, but below the level where the glass would have constant condensation.

I'm considering setting up a mister or fogger to wet the plants every few hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.