The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So about two weeks ago I received a 29 Gallon tank as a gift. Well I decided to start a planted tank and with the help of reading what seems like every post ever made on this website I have started my tank. I used some left over Manzanita branches from my wedding a couple of years ago as part of my hardscape.

Well I have a bunch of these pieces left still and was wondering if anyone might be interested in trading out one of these branches for any spare plants you might be trying to get rid of. I am not really sure what plants I am looking for so just let me know what you have along with pictures as I am a newb to all of this and we will see if we can work something out. You will have to cover your shipping and I will cover mine which will most likely be quite a bit more then yours. As you can see in the tank picture below the wood is not leeching any tannins (going on 2 weeks now) which from other posts I was a bit concerned about. The branches are dry but have not been sand blasted I actually like the look of the bark but some may not I'm sure you could have them sandblasted locally. If you need dimensions just let me know. I am located in Groveland, FL if your looking into shipping costs. Since this is my first post and would be hard to trust a newb like myself you don't have to ship out until you receive your branch.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are these aquarium safe? even though they werent bought for aquariums, they were bought for a wedding?
To my knowledge it is safe it is the same dried out manzanita branches many use in there tanks. I have a friend of mine who has had one of these branches in his tank for going on 6 months with no ill effect. From my understanding any wood will play with your ph levels a bit though.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome! i just wanted to check and make sure they are afe. and yes, most any wood will leech tannins at least for a while
I wonder if because it dried out for so long mine isn't really leaching much. Or I am not understanding tannins to me tannins are what gives the lakes around me a nice tea color is there a different kind of tannin leaching?

I like your 10 gallon by the way. I just got 3 bronze cory yesterday awesome little fish.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Branch G is gone! Only two left really im not to picky people. Looking for foreground plants or grass like plants mostly though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.