9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. i want to make my own trace element mix. i need some chemicals;

Sodium Molibdat or Ammonnium Molibdat
Cobalt Sulphate
Nickel Sulphate
Vanadium Sulphate
Rubidium Sulphate

I am from turkey and i want to buy these chemicals, 100 grams each.
Can i buy online? What is the URLs for online order?

Thanks...

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Why would you want to make your own trace mineral mix?
Why do you think your plants are missing those very limited trace elements?

Even buying 100 grams of each of those would make a several lifetime supply of trace mineral mix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have CO2 , light enough, but i have no fertilizer. i give some food to fishes and these foods and fish waste obtains the macro elements. But there is no enouhg micro elements. i write 100 grams for example.:)
i need some grams of these micro elements.:)

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
If you do regular water changes then I doubt you are actually low on those traces. More likely you are missing one of the macros. Fish waste is not normally enough in a planted tank to supply macros.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok. nevertheless i need these trace for my own trace fertilizer. in my country they are very expensive and very much. And i need small amount of these elements.(maybe 10-20 grams) can i buy online anywhere?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Natrium molybdate could be bought at any large chemical retailer. However they will likely ask you to buy several hundreads kg to a ton minimal for the industrial grade (metal chrome-moly industry purpose), usually China-made.
And I cannot guarantee that it is aquarium-safe (god knows if it contains lots of toxins and heavy metals for they are intended to be mixed and purified with steel and such). To get in small amount, you must buy at least 100 grams, that is the lab pro analist (pure) quality which cost around $ 65 per 100 grams bottle.

The rest could also be attained the same way, with the cheap stuff largely for industrial purposes, you will likely be importing them or get in very large amount. Just like the first, it is very possible to get the pro analist version at high price due to the purity.

Not stopping there, it is also important you know what you are doing for these trace metals that you are looking for are toxic at certain concentration. You will need at least some refference, a miligram scale and all other factors that it might take to make sure the mix dissolve well and remains stable upon storage as well as during usage.

In my opinion, it is best to do WC once a week and not worrying about these elements. That is if you are not running 100% RO water which will be lacking almost all of these. Try concentrating in the common most needed elements instead : iron, manganese, magnesium, cuprum, boron, zinc and not to forget those NPK with all the needed stuff like sulphur, calcium and Cl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.