The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my po4 test kit, its 0.. im ordering K2HPo4, confused with dosing.

Some say to maintain 0.5-1ppm and some say 1-3ppm. However some of the article suggest that 0.1ppm +fish food is consumed daily by plants.

Im looking for a traget where 90% is consumed and remaining will be removed by 50% wc weekly.

Also Im confused with rotala calc. As what would be the daily dosage?

Please help.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,200 Posts
Just got my po4 test kit, its 0.. im ordering K2HPo4, confused with dosing.

Some say to maintain 0.5-1ppm and some say 1-3ppm. However some of the article suggest that 0.1ppm +fish food is consumed daily by plants.

Im looking for a traget where 90% is consumed and remaining will be removed by 50% wc weekly.

Also Im confused with rotala calc. As what would be the daily dosage?

Please help.

am not sure if you have ADA soil, but you will usually find low to zero PO4 levels in a tank that run ADA soil, this soil seems to suck up many nutrients from the water, PO4 seems to be a major one. I usually add 0.3-1 ppm PO4 weekly, in most cases I maintain 7.5:1 or 10:1 N:p ratio. as per daily dose, 0.2 ppm PO4 daily should be sufficient without fish.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
am not sure if you have ADA soil, but you will usually find low to zero PO4 levels in a tank that run ADA soil, this soil seems to suck up many nutrients from the water, PO4 seems to be a major one. I usually add 0.3-1 ppm PO4 weekly, in most cases I maintain 7.5:1 or 10:1 N:p ratio. as per daily dose, 0.2 ppm PO4 daily should be sufficient without fish.
I hate ADA or any other soil. So this time i went with Black Earth soil by Cal Aqua Lab, have got crazy growth and plants doing fantastic especially DHG and MC.

I got a po4 testkit and now maintaining po4 via potassium phosphate. Using tropica premium as i wanted to control po4 and No3 separately. For extra potassium, im adding 15 drops of reeflowers potassium for planted tank.

·
Registered
649 Posts
On the point of soil picking up phosphate... that is likely ideal as long as your plants have roots in the soil. Roots create a perfect environment of nutrient absorption around them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts