The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello northern neighbors! I'm going to be in Toronto for a few days the end of next week, including one day where I get to entertain myself. We're staying downtown, no car, and I was wondering if public transit would get me to your favorite LFS! Open to any and all suggestions of places to visit! (browsed through the other threads... Menagerie, Aqua Inspiration?...)

Especially interested if anyone has advice on getting out for a visit to Shrimp Fever. Google makes the transit instructions seem pretty simple, but I've learned sometimes they are not especially specific about how that 700m walk at the end is actually a perilous dirt path right between the railroad tracks and a highway full of swerving drivers. Not saying I wouldn't risk it, just want to know in advance. ;)

And just to make sure it's out there, no livestock or otherwise live products will cross the border. I'd mostly be doing some relaxing sightseeing, although there might be some kind of hardgoods that I could get back as a fun souvenir.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, verdict is yes, you can get to the current location of Shrimp Fever via public transit... But, since he's only at that location another week or two, it's a bit irrelevant! Still, it was a great visit.

Also checked out Downtown Pets in Chinatown, but didn't make it to any others. Pretty sure with enough patience though, I could have gotten to pretty much everywhere with public transit. (Not sure about aqua inspiration)

Great visit, though! Great town!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Downtown pets is my least favourite pet store! Crazy prices, tried to sell me a single ghost shrimp for 45 (price at Bid Al's, $0.40). But glad you had a nice time in TO.

There is actually a spot in Mississauga where there is 3 stores all together (Bigs als, the aquarium equvalent to a department store, dragon aquarium, and aquatic kingdoms, which is nice), but it is a trek from downtown!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Downtown pets is my least favourite pet store! Crazy prices, tried to sell me a single ghost shrimp for 45 (price at Bid Al's, $0.40). But glad you had a nice time in TO.

There is actually a spot in Mississauga where there is 3 stores all together (Bigs als, the aquarium equvalent to a department store, dragon aquarium, and aquatic kingdoms, which is nice), but it is a trek from downtown!
They tried to charge me $4 for zebra danios. They were charging $18 for second instar crawfish. Teeeny tiiiny.

Menagerie, Finatics, Shrimp Fever, Aqua Inspiration and Kim's Nature are the ones I like best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts