The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just trying to start this hobby, and its not going out well for me for some reason, i bought a 55 gallon aqueon on sale,while leak testing it started to leak. I feel like all these brands marineland, tetra, and aqueon same quality hit or a miss. I literally willing to drop 1k on only fish tank, i need a 55 gallon. If someone can suggest something will be awesome. I heard acrylic can scratch a lot so that wouldnt work for me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Im just trying to start this hobby, and its not going out well for me for some reason, i bought a 55 gallon aqueon on sale,while leak testing it started to leak. I feel like all these brands marineland, tetra, and aqueon same quality hit or a miss. I literally willing to drop 1k on only fish tank, i need a 55 gallon. If someone can suggest something will be awesome. I heard acrylic can scratch a lot so that wouldnt work for me.
If you're gonna spend $1k go rimless. I think there is a 50 gallon Landen on Amazon for like $500. UNS is another brand that sells larger rimless tanks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Several people gave you suggestions in your thread from a couple days ago. You never replied there and instead started this thread. You're going to get all the same kinds of replies here unless you give people more to work with.

You say 55 gallons, but is it really a specific length you want? Does it have to have a lid? Etc...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually wanna apologize, i had my thread watching thing is off, and i actually didnt get any notification about it. Im on reddit and multiple forums, and for some reason i thought i never posted my question here sorry about that. Im looking for 48 inch in legth, and 13-14 inch in width maximum. I saw landen aquariums they have very good reviews, but they have such a weird shape. Like the width of them is more than 15, and they wouldnt fit my stand. Yes i want something with a lid, though its not an issue as i can get a custom lid almost everywhere(i hope) iv been struggling with aqueon lately leaks on 2 tanks. My luck havent been great to start new as this hobby.

Several people gave you suggestions in your thread from a couple days ago. You never replied there and instead started this thread. You're going to get all the same kinds of replies here unless you give people more to work with.

You say 55 gallons, but is it really a specific length you want? Does it have to have a lid? Etc...

. I actually wanna apologize, i had my thread watching thing is off, and i actually didnt get any notification about it. Im on reddit and multiple forums, and for some reason i thought i never posted my question here sorry about that. Im looking for 48 inch in legth, and 13-14 inch in width maximum. I saw landen aquariums they have very good reviews, but they have such a weird shape. Like the width of them is more than 15, and they wouldnt fit my stand. Yes i want something with a lid, though its not an issue as i can get a custom lid almost everywhere(i hope) iv been struggling with aqueon lately leaks on 2 tanks. My luck havent been great to start new as this hobby.

·
Registered
284 Posts
. I actually wanna apologize, i had my thread watching thing is off, and i actually didnt get any notification about it. Im on reddit and multiple forums, and for some reason i thought i never posted my question here sorry about that. Im looking for 48 inch in legth, and 13-14 inch in width maximum. I saw landen aquariums they have very good reviews, but they have such a weird shape. Like the width of them is more than 15, and they wouldnt fit my stand. Yes i want something with a lid, though its not an issue as i can get a custom lid almost everywhere(i hope) iv been struggling with aqueon lately leaks on 2 tanks. My luck havent been great to start new as this hobby.
I have a planet aquariums 75 rimless. its super nice. I would buy another PA in a heart beat. when i replace my 180g with a new 180 Im going planet aquarium

·
Registered
536 Posts
I saw landen aquariums they have very good reviews, but they have such a weird shape. Like the width of them is more than 15, and they wouldnt fit my stand.
Landen tanks seem designed for our planted tank crowd. Folks who setup heavily planted tanks usually want them somewhat deep(front to back) and not too high. This gives them room for aquascaping and makes it easy to arrange hardscape and clean. 55g tanks do not seem to be as popular because of the short front to back distance. They work well as fish-only tanks and are usually sold for that.

If you have $1K to spend just on the tank then I would choose the tank and then buy or build a stand specifically for it. If you mean $1K for everything then I would follow Craig's List as there are great deals on used tanks there. You can easily tell if they have been leaking.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I guess it really depends on what you are trying to do with the tank. For scaping it is easier if the tank is not too tall. Typical Aqueon tanks are tall (I have 2) and can be a challenge for aquascaping. Unless you have some kind of special stand that you have to incorporate in to your design, then I'd go with some of the suggestions above, and just buy or build a stand to fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts