The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, wasn't quite sure where to put this. What have you guys used for a cover on a 2.5 gallon tank? I'm having a huge evaporation problem with this tank and it did not come with a lid and the only ones that I can find are solid glass pieces that don't allow for my filter.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
14,974 Posts
There are a few sellers on eBay and Aquabid who make Lexan covers thick enough that they don't warp. They've got a small opening in the front for removal or feeding and some openings in back for airline tubing.

You could also order thick acrylic online and make your own cutout if you have an HOB filter you need to make room for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just cut the glass piece down enough to fit the filter. I did this along a short side (looked better and easier to cut). A glass cutter from Lowes/HD is only a few bucks.

Or as mentioned, pick of some Lexan, you can usually find this at Lowes/HD as well, just score with a sharp utility knife a few times and snap! A jigsaw also works wells.

Cheers!

Kosch

·
Registered
42 Posts
Some LFS carry 2.5 tops, i know around here its about $5. Or you can buy the replacement glass for pictures and cut it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts