The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a top fin check valve from petsmart on my co2 lines. It seems that the check valve causes the co2 pressure to build up and then dump (I get a rush of about 12 bubbles) and then the process repeats. Because of this I don't get a consistent bubble rate in my bubble counter. I have it set up as co2 tank-check valve-bubble counter-diffuser. I've tried switching the check valve and bubble counter but the same thing happens. Does anyone know if a better check valve will give me a more consistent bubble rate? I'm looking for about 1.5 bps.

Thanks for looking,
Matt

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
I haven't had that issue before. DIY or on a pressurized tank. I would say it's worth the $1-$2 to get a new one. I thing the ones I have now cost me $1.29 each. PetCo brand

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I may try that, but I was really wondering if a brass check valve or something along those lines would perform differently.
I think so. Brass check valve is built a lot better than plastic ones. I suggest you order some brass check valves and be off this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.