The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im doing a total tear down and re-plant. Using this sweet piece of driftwood I found last week. Im going to finish this tonight and will continue to post pics until its done. Be prepared for awesomeness or total failure lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Looks cool.

I don't know if you have attached your co2 tank against the wall?
If you drop the tank and it falls on the regulator, the regulator can crack, a lot of co2 escapes at the same time and your co2 tank becomes a bullet, a huge bullet of destruction! I always chain my co2 tanks against the wall, just to be safe ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mid-plant and finished product. Im taking in my extras to the lfs tomorrow for a trade on some more hc. I also have 6 more Echinodorus coming in the mail to fill more space in the roots.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks cool.

I don't know if you have attached your co2 tank against the wall?
If you drop the tank and it falls on the regulator, the regulator can crack, a lot of co2 escapes at the same time and your co2 tank becomes a bullet, a huge bullet of destruction! I always chain my co2 tanks against the wall, just to be safe ;)
Oh hey, thanks for the tip. Im feeling kinda dumb about that right now considering I live in a high earthquake zone.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Awesome piece of driftwood, where'd you score that? I'll be moving up in May and need to find a rooty stump piece for my future 75. I was thinking birch or aspen or something. Maybe running down to kincaid and looking for some super dry driftwood down by the shore. I was super skeptical about using ocean driftwood in a freshwater tank, but have heard its ok as long as you soak, rinse, repeat until the salt stops leaching.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome piece of driftwood, where'd you score that? I'll be moving up in May and need to find a rooty stump piece for my future 75. I was thinking birch or aspen or something. Maybe running down to kincaid and looking for some super dry driftwood down by the shore. I was super skeptical about using ocean driftwood in a freshwater tank, but have heard its ok as long as you soak, rinse, repeat until the salt stops leaching.
Kincaid is so awesome. I play Frisbee golf there damn near every day in the summer. Upper ship creek is also a great place for driftwood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.