The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
if you have really high pressurized CO2 and are experienced with maintaining a high-tech tank, then its still a LOT of light. I have 36W over my 10g, and even that is considered pretty high. You should be in the 20W area unless you want a lot of algae problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I purchased a Catalina Aquarium Lighthouse hood 36w PC w/ 6500k bulbs. I hope these are good lights.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow thats a decently priced lighting fixture for a 10g, I'm considering making a DIY lighting fixture but for that price I might just buy one of these...would 36watts be considered high light for a 10g, I don't even know what to think anymore with the wpg rule and small tanks...

Should let me know how that thing works out for you eiginh I might purchase one also. From the pictures it looks like it sits kinda high so I'm wondering if that's adjustable also

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 54 watts over a 10 gallon and I don't seem to have any problems. 2 x f17t8 and 1 x f20t12. The 17s are 6500K and the 20 is a GE plant & aquarium. Lots of pearling and fast growth. I have hair algae but it's all bunched up around the diffuser to increase diffusion further, so it's not an "algae problem" per se.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts