The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing some algae growth everywhere.

I got a 20L with a ZooMed Aqua Sun t5 HO 30" hood with a Florasun Bulb 5000K and a Ultrasun Bulb 6500K. Both bulbs are 24watts ea and I have A pressurized Co2 system at 2BPS. The fixture is RIGHT on top of the tank. Not sure if Raising it will do the trick. What do ya'll think ?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am using a lone 23W bulb for my 26,5L and getting filamentous algae at the surface, already I find this to be a lot of light with only one 23W bulb.

I will put my bulb 6" above the tank, as it is now too close according to me.

But I am not using CO2 for this tank.

Michel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using a lone 23W bulb for my 26,5L and getting filamentous algae at the surface, already I find this to be a lot of light with only one 23W bulb.

I will put my bulb 6" above the tank, as it is now too close according to me.

But I am not using CO2 for this tank.

Michel.
I got some wires to hang the fixture with, but I am very clueless of how/ what to mount it on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
you can always try a black mesh from home depot to block out some light!

·
Registered
140 Posts
dose EI! best way to avoid algae is to provide optimal conditions for plants to grow. Tom Barr or plant brain is the expert here.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
another fact to consider is insufficient plant density. no body else is soaking up the light so algae wins.
your tank is a perfect candidate for floaters.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips guys ! I got a new suspension kit from zoomed and I'm about to install it shortly. Also i looked into EI, I shall give it a try ! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts