Quesiton, I am new to the planted tank. Still figuring things out. I am about 1 1/2 months into it and my plants have started melting a little bit. I am also getting a boom of green hair algae which is telling me something is off balance.
I have 4x54w t5ho lamps in a 55 gallon with 3 inches of substrate that runs for 10hours. I am going to assume that I have too much lighting, is the light or the algae that is killing off the plants.
Also, the fixture I got did not provide me any type of mounting so its laying right on top of the tank. Should I raise the light or take out some bulbs?
Most of my plants seem to be taking a hit but I have 1 madagascar lace that is thriving in these conditions which is strange.
Too much light? Algae problem? Or just too early in the tanks life?