The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
What type of lighting period are you on? Are you adding any type of ferts? You can use screen material (window screen) to cover the light and it will reduce the amount of light.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
What version of the Finnex? Ray 2? Usually means that your photoperiod is probably to long or there is something out of whack. Will need more details about your tank and setup to make a good guess. If you just switched to LED remember that they are a lot stronger than other lights especially on a 10g.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If using root tabs, I would cut back on the flourish. Unless you're heavy on stem plants, you Dont have anything to take those ferts out of the water column quick enough to out compete the algae.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Unless by flourish you meant excel.. Which if that's the case disregard my comment. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I would back off to 5-6hrs until you get things under control. What type and how many plants do you have? You need to have a good amount of plant mass to be able to control the algae.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.