The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently using a Finnex 24/7 Light over a Length 35.43” Width: 14.96” Height: 12.99” tank

CO2 Daily, Fertz, 2-3 times a week. 50% Water Change per week.
Lights 7hours a day.

Plants are growing great, the only issue is algae is starting to show up on the rocks and the glass, I'm currently using just the legs the light came with, so it's only about 2" on top of the tank. what do you think the best suggestion would be to combat Algae?

Reduce the lights by an hour? Reduce the intensity? Am I going to need to lift the light fixture higher?

Open to suggestions, thank you!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Algae will grow on rocks and glass, especially in a newly-planted tank. Once your plants really get going and their density increases, your tank will become algae-free, or nearly so.

Unless you have a major algae outbreak that is smothering your plants, I wouldn’t worry too much. Keep doing what you are doing and monitor the situation. Algae on glass on rocks isn’t too concerning, but once they start growing on your plants then it is time to take action.

A current photo of your tank would be helpful, though.

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
641 Posts
First of all, I agree with all that Mark Fisher said.

When I went to my Fluval 3.0 I did see algae in about two days, took the lights down to 50 or 60%, I think it was 60 and brought them up to almost where they were originally. started at 90% saw algae and they are sitting at 85% now. Basically just here to support Mark's post. Now I get a little here and there but it's good as a have a number of algae eaters in my tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.