The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice!!:help: .... Please help

I have a Eheim 2262 hooked up in my 180G (2'x6'). It pushes 900GPH. I have tried different spray bar placements and can't find anything that wont blow my plants over. I am just running this filter at night. However when it turns on the tank is like a wirrpool and in the morning all the plants are blowin into eachother. This makes a nice aquascape difficult and also I'd like to get some discus and I dont think they will like that much current.

I currently have the spray bar placed 2 in below the water on the short side of the tank spraying across the length of the tank. Before that I had it positioned in the middle of the tank 2in bellow the water along the back glass spraying forward across the width of the tank. My husband was thinking of hooking the filter up to a dimer switch to turn it down but we don't know if this will be hard on the filter....

This was a very expensive and very nice filter and I'm just not sure what to do to make it work. I know others use it in their 6 foot tanks and are successful so I would love everyone's advice.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I'm running 2 of these on my 150 and the flow is perfect. Do you have any equipment in line with it? Also to reduce the pressure you can enlarge the spray bar holes which will make a gentler current.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Hey Craigthor,

I have nothing inline to it. How do you have them positioned on your 150? Did you drill out the holes on yours?

Thanks for the ideas!
Nope mine are run through jet style 1/2" nozzle returns via loc-line fittings. It allows great flow and movement of the plants. I also run 4 powerheads via wave maker on the tank as well lots of flow to ensure good co2 and fert consistancy throughout the tank.

Craig

·
Registered
9,774 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Another option besides running something inline (e.g. heater, CO2 reactor) and drilling out the holes in the spray bar is to run the return from the filter through PVC pipe with a few 90 degree bends. 90s that aren't a gentle curve really knock down velocity. Admittedly, this is a good bit more involved than drilling out the holes in the spray bar.

Hey Craigthor,

I have nothing inline to it. How do you have them positioned on your 150? Did you drill out the holes on yours?

Thanks for the ideas!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.