The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 29 gal lightly planted tank looks almost empty.

Current inhabitants are 1 - albino BN pleco; 4 - harlequin rasboras; 8 - red eyed tetras. All these were purchased within the last 4 months so I presume none are at their full size yet.

I am planning to add 6 guppies, nothing special just tankmates.

Is this too many fish, I do about a 20% waterchange weekly and monitor the water parameters.

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
i'd leave out the guppies, but you could add more rasboras/tetras. you could also try a small school of cories for some bottom activity.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I dont think it would be over stocked, but I agree with Flanders, replace the guppies with some bottom dwellers. Its you tank though, so do anything you want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
add some more rasboras, and a couple amanos for the bottom of the tank.
LFS has new stock of amanos that I was looking at today. They had some red cherry shrimp but I was afraid the RCS would just be dinner for the tetras.

Are the amanos difficult to keep?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Nope. All I've done with my amanos is get them acclimated and then sit back. They just wander around, eat whatever algae and leftover food they find, and do their shrimpy thing.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i recently got an amano and about 3 days later it jumped out of the tank! so i went the cheaper route and snagged about 20 ghost shrimp for some ground activity and haven't had any suicide attempts from them. haha. and i returned my guppies because they started breeding..they're quite good at it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts