The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@Duck5003... Thanks! I had planned on getting stock from Soothing for a long time. :)

@jkan... I was nervous, since I've never had shrimp before. I'm so glad it all went so smoothly!

@Soothing Shrimp... Yeah, surprisingly, they went right to grazing in the tanks. I think they were just happy they weren't being tossed about in a box anymore. :) What kind of moss was in the bags, do you know?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
See? I learned something new. :p So they molt if the water params change (to be expected, then, when changing tanks halfway across the country), they molt as they grow, and molting triggers breeding behavior if they're old enough and saddled, correct? Argh... my head is swimming in the shrimp tank.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Heh I learned something as well! Didn't know about diff water params causing molts myself :p

The shrimp look lovely mosspearl!!! Keep the pics coming!!! I want BV's and yellow neos so badly but only have one tank set up for shrimp atm, which is housing cherries... I'm not wanting to muddy up such pretty colors, so I shall live vicariously thru you for the time being.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You are most welcome, I<3<*))))><! I have long lived vicariously through others on this forum, it's only fair I do my part. In the meantime, I will try to improve my atrocious photography skills for your benefit.

In the meantime... the next generation of shrimpers hone their skills. My two youngest are already asking questions I have to look up answers for. They will quickly surpass me, I'm sure. My youngest son, especially, is utterly fascinated with them. He's the one in green.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Latest pics... I've been swamped with work, so I haven't been able to update as much as I'd like. :p Please excuse the poor quality pics from my phone.

A BV on the prefilter:

Two BVs enjoying some of Jake's OmNomNoms:

A Yellow on the back wall of the tank:

And a Yellow up close and personal:

They're beginning to swim more and seem to enjoy flitting about at a leisurely pace. They're so much fun to watch. I'm already hooked and trying to figure out where I can put more. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
You are at the beginning stages. It gets much worse. LOL :p

"Honey, can I move our bed to set up another shrimp tank? We can sleep on the floor like they do in other parts of the world...Pleeeeeease?"

21 - 40 of 100 Posts