The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a picture of my new 45 gallon. Its about a month old.

Flora:

Hemianthus micranthemoides
Rotala Rotundifolia
Diplidis Diandra
Ludwigia Arcuata
Eleocharis parvula
Egeria densa *temporary
Hygro Difformis *temporary

Fauna:

3 Black tetras
6 Tiger shrimp (1 berried)
8 Cherry shrimp

The egeria and wisteria are just there to help take the nutrients out of the water column and will go once the tank stablises. I am having a few troubles with hair algae and GDA, its so annoying! Any critique/comments?
(picture coming in a min)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
looks nice, congrats on the berried tiger.
i would move the Hygro difformis and Elodea/Egeria densa to the back, even if they're only temporary, they'll look best back there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason they are at the front is, there is no space at the back! It is full of other permanent stme plants and i also have the weeds there as not to shadow the hairgrass too much. Any other comments/critque welcome!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Yea, that driftwood is really sweet looking. Have you considered tieing some moss to it?

A nice "bushy" plant around it could look really nice, when it grows in it could "pour" out from all around it making the driftwood look like a trunk of a tree.

Is that dwarf hairgrass in the middle foreground? If it is, you could split that appart a bit more and really establish the blanket in the front. From what I am told, it grows and sends runners alot quicker.

Looks great though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.