The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,058 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
WOW, i envisioned him to be some "Father Time" old dude. With a glowing aura about him when he spoke!

J/k

Good to put a face with the name.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Plantbrain why aren't you levitating?! and why are you speaking to mortals instead of communicating telepathically through a distinct actor's voice you hear from the sky?! First Santa and now you... waaaa :(

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
WOW, i envisioned him to be some "Father Time" old dude. With a glowing aura about him when he spoke!

J/k

Good to put a face with the name.
A large feller at the Wash DC AGA got mad upon hearing I was Tom Barr, he was nearly 7ft tall and was honestly upset. I thought he was going to hit me. :icon_eek: "You cannot be him, he's old with a beard and glasses. " turned out to be the nicest guy and couple in the world.

Funny how that works.

I think the more folks you meet in the hobby from the net, the better. You realize they are people and it's not a personal attack or something if you disagree and as folks mature in the hobby, they tend to agree FAR more than they disagree. I like to help folks, if I had other motivations, I'd not post much or give talks.

I've mess up plenty of tanks and walked most of the same paths, asked the same questions most any planted Hobbyist might have. Most anyone in the hobby that is active and has been in it for decade or more has.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Also doesn't help that the guy interviewing him looks like he's 15. :)
Dustin is pretty cool, the acting aspect he's doing there is sort animated and funny which is why I'm looking at him sort of funny. In person he's actually much cooler. Me? Not so much, boring, would rather be in the water after aquatic plants or on a reef diving.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tom

you were saying something about your video in the interview, can we see that video??long as its about aquatic stuff:hihi:

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Tom

you were saying something about your video in the interview, can we see that video??long as its about aquatic stuff:hihi:
I think it might be the 180 Gal cardinal tank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3VNwfNtNA0

I put it up prior to the talk.

You can see the post grow out on the right side of the tank where I hacked some Starougyne about 2 weeks ago.
The Royal Farowella's are born and raised in this tank, they have never seen any other habitat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts