The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello;

I am planning to plant dwarf baby tears and dwarf hair grass in 15 us gallon (57 liters) tank the dimensions are about 24x14x14 inches (60x 35x35cm). The purpose of the tank is shrimp breeding. What am wondering is what type of co2 will work? Seachem excel, Co2 tabs, Co2 fermentation and Pressurized Co2?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
16,952 Posts
If the purpose of the tank is to breed shrimp, you'll likely want to avoid plants that require lots of fertilizer and CO2 - as HC and DHG. While shrimp can breed with the presence of CO2 and ferts, you'll have better results without them.

Excel isn't a good idea with shrimp, either. While not all are sensitive to it, many are and it can be toxic at higher concentrations.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Tbh, I grew dwarf hairgrass in a shrimp breeding tank with just hi light and a nutritious substrate. I used organic potting mix capped with pool filter sand, and osmocote tabs placed throughout.
It works considering I now have a super dense carpet of glosso and dhg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.