The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just bought an Aqua oak aquarium which is drilled for sump with corner weir but didn’t come with the sump so I’m looking for a cheap one, have found a used one on fb but it’s a TMC 900 which is meant for marine, will it work with a freshwater set up? I’ve never had a sump before so please excuse my ignorance, I don’t understand if the placement of baffles is specific to marine or freshwater. Most sump I’ve seen have a different layout to this one but it’s a steal at £25. Can anyone advise please?

This is the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I am sure it doesn't mater weather it's fresh or salt . Depends on what you use as media and other equipment . I have a sump and it works great on my 75 gal planted tank . You can put your heaters and such in the sump . Can't really tell by those pics , but that doesn't look like a typical sump .

Reactions: Abi

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure it doesn't mater weather it's fresh or salt . Depends on what you use as media and other equipment . I have a sump and it works great on my 75 gal planted tank . You can put your heaters and such in the sump . Can't really tell by those pics , but that doesn't look like a typical sump .

Well I went ahead and bought it, for £25 I had to! Here’s a better pic

Inflow will go in the back right chamber, return pump in back large chamber. I’ve ordered some alphagrog to go in the front right and will put all the media from my canister filter in there somewhere but not sure what else to put in. Would love to hear suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.