The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wow, loaded question :)

Decide what traits you're looking for, for starters. You'll need separate tanks to keep track of your diff generations and such, as well as keeping the males from the females. You probably already know this, but females can store sperm for quite some time. so you need to keep that in mind. Be prepared to cull.

I'd also suggest checking out charts for guppy types, some of them map out which traits are carried by which chromosomes, etc..

This just general info. There's plenty of information in here and out on the interwebs. Here's a This guy has some good info on selective breeding - guppyexpert.com

Good luck and start a journal on here so we can see how it's going!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Reactions: greenguppy and AVN

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
318 Posts
I read the article it was very informative. I got the ecology of the planted tank book and am having some difficulty diving into it...... It's Very Very dence, and informative. LoL I am just lazy

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.