The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to this hobby. I have successfully kept a community tank for 6 months now. I am starting to introduce live plants to my aquarium(29 gallon) and wondering what would be causing them to turn yellow and translucent? I use aquarium co-op plant fertilizer once a week. Medium light 10 hours a day. All my fish are happy and healthy.
Nitrates: 20ppm
Nitrite: 0
Hardness(GH) 60ppm
Alkalinity(KH) 80 ppm
Ph: 6.8 to 7.
Using tetra ph test strips.

Just performed a 20% water change 2 days ago. I keep the nitrates around 40 to 60 ppm usually.

New to live plants in my aquarium. Have a mix of fake and live. Eventually want it to be fully planted. Any tips welcome! Thanks!

Java Moss is growing great. Others are seeming to struggle. Maybe I just need patience? 😂

(Back left of pic are fake plants)

Water Plant Blue Light Green

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is that an anubia I see and is it planted or attached to something? They shouldn’t be planted.... which plants do you have which are struggling? You can always try some liquid fertilizer (I’m using Thrive all in one because I’m not versed in mixing the nutrients) and you could go for bulletproof plants like water wisteria (it requires no love, it will take over your whole house if you let it)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts