The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gush pen. The blood worms worked for awhile, but it seems they are on to me now. I can't catch a one. Tried some of my shrimp food last night, nothing. I had a huge amt of baby shrimp a month ago that are mostly gone, I think the planaria might be picking them off.

What else can I use? Is a tiny amt of meat (obviously w/out any salt/seasoning etc) meant for human consumption ok? Maybe a tiny piece of raw chicken or the like?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find it hard to believe I can't catch a single one using the trap anymore. Shrimp are fed sparingly in a dish. I don't see them much unless I am doing a WC, then they are everywhere. I catch as much as I can with a net then, but I am frustrated that the trap no longer works. Would like some bait ideas before I resort to chemicals etc.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Meaty foods generally work like shrimp pellets, but if you have to you can again as others mentioned use No Planaria/Flubendazole. Be aware that it is toxic to snails.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have that gush pen as well. I found it to be completely useless.
I used Safe Guard fenbendazole goat de-wormer in liquid form. Was very easy to use and totally effective. It will not hurt your shrimp. You should remove as many snails as you can prior to treatment. Some of my MTSs died but most survived the treatment. My mini ramshorns were not affected at all. But nerites need to be removed and so should apple snails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.