The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some little tiny white worms in my fry tank today. They are very very tiny and are only on my glass, they seem to be eating algae or at least that's what it looks like to me. I tried cleaning the glass and some of them floated in to the water and came back to the glass. The only concern that I have is my fry. I know white worms could be the sign of overfeeding but I don't think these are the worms, they not in the gravel I see them only on the glass. Should I be worried that they might harm my fry? What can I do to get rid of them?
My fry is still very tiny and I do not want to do anything that can stress them out.

I did look into this thread http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/shrimp-other-invertebrates/40061-whats-bug-how-recognize-them.html
but nothing really matches. :help:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
probably nematodes of some sort.. I had an infestation when I first starting out. They hitched a ride in the driftwood. They came out by the thousands later in the day.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
probably nematodes of some sort.. I had an infestation when I first starting out. They hitched a ride in the driftwood. They came out by the thousands later in the day.
Thanks mistergreen :D

The tank has been running for quiet some time at least 2 months. My only concern is my tiny CPD fry, they almost a week old now. I just need them to grow so I can move them.
I guess I need to cut down on feeding.
How many times a day should I feed my fry anyway? I don't want to overfeed and underfeed them...

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
you should feed the fries frequently. You can feed live foods like infusoria & daphnia. that'll cut down on the worms feeding those.

·
Registered
563 Posts
like i said in another thread Funky...you're feeding the food in that tank along with trying to feed the fry. I dont have an answer to what they are, but i bet they are harmless and more than likely tasty to the fry...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts