The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yea, they are harmless. fish/shrimp/snail food. you are overfeeding or leaving uneaten food too long but they are totally natural and completely harmless, and are fun to watch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for advise

Thanks for the advice. I actually don't feed anything in the tank. All I have in there are snails and I don't give them anything. The only thing I may give too much of is light which I forget to turn off sometimes. It's doing wonders for the vegetation though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great idea

The only problem with adding a fish is I don't have a filter or a heater. I've been debating about adding a tiny frog; would get filter then. Do they eat them?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I don't know maybe. honestly they are not a problem, but its hard for sloooow moving snails to get to them. fish are much faster, I have no idea about a frog. a beta would eat them, bettas do not require filters or heaters sometimes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The only problem with adding a fish is I don't have a filter or a heater. I've been debating about adding a tiny frog; would get filter then. Do they eat them?
Does your house get really cold at all? I keep mine ~70 and half of my tanks are unheated; guppies and such don't really mind.

Also, with sufficient plants I don't really run filters either, just powerheads with small foam prefilters to keep water circulating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, thanks for the advice...that's good to know. I do have a small water circulator that I turn on from time to time when it looks like the water is getting too stagnant. Anything else besides Guppies? I would only put in a small quantity and I know some fish need to be put in small schools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.